Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Japan!

I wasn't planning on making another entry so soon, but I feel this is necessary. I donated to Japan today. I wasn't going to at first because I was like, "Oh, other places need it more." But I changed my mind. I don't think statistics really matter in this situation. Plus, there's a lot of cool ways to donate now.

Blink-182 released a limited edition shirt and all proceeds go to Japan. That's how I donated, and it's only $15 plus shipping. It's a pretty rad shirt too. Check it out here: http://shop.bompa.com/blink182/

Some prominent pop-punk and indie bands teamed up to make a compilation album to help out. That's only $5, and it's got great bands and hard-to-find songs by them. So you can help out and check out new music at the same time. I'd buy it, but I'm out of cash. The comp is here: http://vstheearthquake.limitedpressing.com/products/8564

Or you could find other ways to help. It's cool to see everyone getting together and helping out Japan in their time of need. I've seen a donation thingy at DeviantArt too, I think. They need it. It's one of the worst catastrophes ever according to some professionals. Japan has given us a lot of awesome stuff, so it's only right that we give back. And you know, it's sort of heart-warming to see everyone scrambling to help out.

Make sure to brighten up someone's day. See ya next entry

2 comments:

  1. News stations and stuff have been so selfish. "WILL THE RADIATION HIT US :'O" um, no. shut up. Its not ABOUT us. Japan has been very strong compared to Hurricane Katrina where people shot at rescue helicopters, stealing plasma TVs (while there Houses are flooded?!) and raped women in the refugee stadium. There's been no stealing or anarchy yet. The Japanese are very resilient and disciplined, I only hope that the power plant can hold up enough to avoid a true disaster: a nuke fallout would ruin land and air for YEARS :'(

    Also, James Durbin sang Bon Jovi. gotta go vote <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH I know right? And we already mentioned the weeaboos. I'm certain that Japan is going to get through this.

    Make sure to keep me updated daily :D

    ReplyDelete