Friday, April 22, 2011

"for God so loved the world,"

I have not been here in forever. Busy schedules are busy.

Anyway, I'm writing this because obviously it's Good Friday. I was pretty excited because it's sort-of the first Good Friday I'm consciously observing. I did the usual thing Christians do on this day. You know, praying, not eating meat, etc. I was going to watch The Passion Of The Christ with my mom, but she said that movie made her depressed. I feel her. I watched it on Monday earlier this week, and I was in shock by the end of the movie. It's an excellently done film, and it gets the point of Jesus' sacrifice across very accurately and beautifully. And that's about all I did on my first "real" Good Friday.


No matter how eventful or uneventful your day was today, let's never forget what Jesus Christ did for us around this day thousands of years ago. Remember to stay thankful not only today, but everyday of your life. And make sure to never forget that He rose on the third day of his passing, and that He is alive, and always will be.


"18And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
 19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
 20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
  --Matthew 28:18-20


God bless you, and see ya next entry.

1 comment: