Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

It's technically still Christmas Eve at 11:30 right now. It's Hispanic tradition to celebrate Christmas Eve rather than Christmas Day. I just wanted to post this to wish you all a merry Christmas.

The birth of Jesus Christ is never specified in the Bible. But there's nothing wrong with dedicating a day to the birth of Jesus. It doesn't matter if it's not accurate. Christmas is a day to celebrate. I've spent the day listening to Christmas jams, hanging out with my family, and watching Christian testimonies on youtube. All these things make God happy. It doesn't matter if December 25th isn't the accurate date.

Sometimes I remember the years when I was an atheist. I was just a kid. I remember I started to feel distant from God. Then one day I decided that I didn't need Him and that I would be free without him. That's pretty laughable now. You're not free without Him. You have chains attached to your ankles, and they're connected to the world and to all types of sin. I remember that I was a horrible person. I would make people feel uncomfortable by dissing them. I would make fun of Christianity. I would laugh at my parents. I felt so empty.

The night I went back to being Christian, it was March 17th, approximately two years ago. All I can say is that I was scared out of my mind. That night I felt like demonic forces were watching me. I don't care if you all laugh, because it's totally true. That night I saw a demon at the foot of my bed. It tried to claw at me, but it was as if there was a shield protecting me. That my friends, was the Lord.

After that I was still hesitant. I believed in Him, but I didn't read the Bible much. I barely ever prayed. Gaining the approval of others was still more important to me. But then one day in June, I went to the church I was baptized in. It was a family member's funeral. I felt a presence unlike anything before. I can say it strengthened my relationship with God and that helped me so much this summer. Then in August after school started, my relationship has strengthened a lot more. I think that being alone in a crowd of atheist potheads has made me more interested in my God.

But after all this, I realized that I hadn't completely given my life to God. I was still holding on to a bit of my pride. When you become Christian, you typically have to ask the Lord to have control of your life and work through you, instead of you working through Him. I had never asked for that. But tonight I did. It was really just a few minutes ago. I was alone in this room; in my step-aunt's room watching a testimony on youtube. And I suddenly felt like I had to finally turn in my life to the hands of Christ. And I finally did. Right after I finished that prayer, the door to this room opened by itself. It was totally closed when I walked in, and there was no one in the area. That my friends, was once again the hand of God almighty. To show me He accepted my prayer. I have never felt so much at peace and so fulfilled.

So, that was my own personal testimony. Merry Christmas to all of you. Make sure to realize the true meaning of this day. Thank the Lord for all that He has given us. We are nothing without Him. Nothing but sin. Though we can never let go of sin, through Him we have a new life. A real life. Peaceful and eternally happy, unlike the things the world gives us. I hope that I can make God as happy as possible. Now that I have finally let Him in, He can work through me and make me what He wants me to be. I know that it will be something great. Because once you accept Lord Jesus into your heart, He mends everything that is broken and it makes it beautiful.

Thank Jesus Christ for everything that we have been blessed with and may his glory fill this broken world. I hope you all have an amazing Christmas Day. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Really amazing testimony. You and my brother would get along real well. He sounds a lot like the old you when he was our age. God always pulls us back to him. He is the good Shepard: always searching for one last lamb at a time because,to him, each is worth as much as the whole herd :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps love the changes to the blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. For sure :D I read an article recently and it explained that atheists are constantly putting people down for their faith because they secretly want to believe. They want someone to prove it to them. God is constantly pursuing us.

    I love the changes too :D You can feed the fishies by clicking the water. Isn't that amazing? :]

    ReplyDelete