Friday, December 10, 2010

i'm so backed uuuppp

So, I'm writing this from my finance/business class. Really I just have nothing better to do. Anyway, I want to make a list of 2010's top albums. It's not as easy as it sounds. I have the weirdest listening pattern ever. It takes me so long to get into a band, and that really slows down my process. I've sort of improved in past few months, like I downloaded almost all of Sage Francis's albums in one month. But it's not good enough. I'm still scrambling, trying to decide which albums I should listen to before the last week of December. But no worries. I'm waiting for punknews.org and absolutepunk.net to finish their lists so I don't miss anything.

2010 was a good year for music, especially for punk rock. With The Gaslight Anthem, Fake Problems, and Against Me! releasing great new records, it's been awesome. Plus, there were other releases from Sundowner, Iron Chic, Brendan Kelly's acoustic EP, Frank Turner, Set Your Goals, Four Year Strong, etc etc etc. Indie of course, always has success. I haven't been up to date with indie this year...or any year. That will change in 2011. I really have to give The National a listen. Good blue-collar-indie-rock. For hardcore, this year was just "okay". Ruiner and Crime In Stereo both broke up. Like, soon there's going to be nothing left. For real. There's only Make Do And Mend and Polar Bear Club bringing new flavor to hardcore. This year in hip-hop was pretty "meh." too. Especially since Eyedea passed away and Sage Francis announcing no more tours. And man, I never thought I would say this, but Atmosphere's new EP was so mediocre. "Freefalling" was the only really solid track. I hope the new stuff is better. Eminem's new album was pretty good though. On my listening schedule for hippity-hop, I got to listen to new albums from Sage Francis, The Roots, and Kanye West. Yes. You read that right. Kanye West. I know he's a "gay fish" and all, but everyone on absolutepunk.net is going insane with his new album. I've heard two tracks...and they're good. Maybe 2011 will bring new found love for Kanye? Who knows.

I'll probably write some more later. Damn this class is so boring. All we do is sit and pretend to work. And last.fm is blocked. FFFFUUUUU.

No comments:

Post a Comment