Friday, December 31, 2010

this is my year for sure

First post of 2011 right here. It's become a tradition for me to listen to "100 Resolutions" by The Lawrence Arms every New Years. I remember I first started getting into The Larry Arms at the latter end of 2009. I kinda didn't get them. But as 2010 progressed I found that I really effing loved this band. They're in my top 5 bands of all-time. I can't describe how much this band means to me and I don't think I would have survived 2010 without them. They totally saved my life. Like I said in my last post, 2010 was full of gut-wrenching moments, but it was also full of some of my best moments. I think it was my best year and worst year at the same time. Bombs away to 2011.

The Lawrence Arms - "100 Resolutions"

where have I been all your life
sitting on fences
a novocaine for all the senses
another year will pass us by
making sense of nothing
in defense of something
I laughed too late
and dug myself into a grave

this year I'll try not to think too much

this year I'll try to stand up for myself
this year I'll live like I've never lived before
this is my year for sure

another stupid clumsy story

more accidental aspirations
another explosion of silence
I think I'm going deaf
or maybe I'm just hearing less
this year I'll try to only listen to myself

 I wonder where

you'll be bringing in the new year
as midnight clocks are singing
good chance I'll be slobbering somewhere
probably pass out wasted
and sleep until the smoke clears
vague memories of midnight
flash in time to morning sunlight
wake up knowing you'll never be there.
 

I've got 100 resolutions
but I've got no solutions 

I've got one song i write 100 times
and only a dozen or so rhymes

this year I'll try not to drink so much.

this year I'll try to stand up straight.
this year let's live like we've never lived before
this is our year for sure

2 comments:

  1. * I'm commenting on this post and the one under it here* You've just done a lot of growing up this year, I think this has been your Coming Of Age year (not to say you were immature before.)Adults are so stupid: a person doesn't lose their innocence when they stop believing in Santa or the Easter bunny, you lose it when you stop believing in the everyday people you looked up to more then the Easter Bunny or Chuck Norris. Nazz, i know people HATE hearing this, but i feel similar. I feel like i can't trust my family and i have no want to make friends either. I can't trust them. And, due to things tat happened this year, I'm hesitant to love or get attached to anyone. But as we get older we learn to have less friends and not get so sentimental to people, maybe having one or two who you trust. I really hope the new year serves you good and you always know that He is a friend and Father that always watches your back, and you have a reliable friend in me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. KICK ASS sideshow, make it bigger BD

    ReplyDelete